Check our “This Just In” page for more local produce!
Its tomato season at City Feed & Supply! We’ve got tomatoes of all shapes, sizes and colors- from local farms! Here’s what’s in-store this weekend:
- Organic Field, Heirloom and Cherry Tomatoes from Buckle Farm in Dighton MA
- Green Tomatoes from City Growers in Dorchester MA
- Plum Tomatoes from Confreda Farms in Hope, RI
- Heirloom Tomatoes & Cherry Tomatoes from Ward’s Berry Farm in Sharon, MA
- Red & Gold Cherry Tomatoes and Beefsteak Tomatoes from Applefield Farm in Stow, MA
Crispy Heirloom Tomatoes
4 medium heirloom tomatoes
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup panko Breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt & Pepper
Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
Slice tomatoes into round ½” slices. Pat with paper towel to absorb some juice & set on plate. On large plate, sprinkle flour & generous pinch or salt, stirring with a fork to combine. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs. In another mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning & a pinch each salt & pepper.
Dredge tomatoes in flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mixture & set on plate. Add oil to a skillet, enough to generously cover bottom & heat to meduim-high. Fry tomatoes in batches, 2 minutes on each side, until crispy & golden brown.